Thank-you so so so much....Fancy Vintage's First Award!
Feeling so Honoured to get the Stylish Blogger award!.
Thank you to Chrissie and Heidi from Wit en Bont
(White and Spotted)for choosing Fancy Vintage.
Check out their site, they have such lovely ideas and photographs.
The "rules" of accepting the Stylish Blogger Award is to say 8 interesting things about myself! Yikes!
I have also put in an extra un-true fact about me, see if you can spot it!
1. Besides the fact that I have a passion for vintage china.I also love collecting vintage fabrics, buttons, vintage toys, old wooden picture frames, old cricket sets, tennis rackets, vintage suitcases, knitted blankets, pretty eiderdowns, and 1940-50's magazines. I'm sure there are a lot more if I think about it!
2. We used to move around a lot; which was fun. Besides England and Wales we used to live in America for 11 years; in Pennsylvania, California and Maryland. So so so loved it. Even went back for part of my degree to a University in South Carolina
3. I did a B.A and M.A in Fine Art in the UK and the States.For my Masters course I latexed different parts of a church to make a large virtual church which was then suspended in a gallery. The latex church was huge (9 foot high and 23 ft long). Loved it, such fun. There was even a latex cross that was suspended inside. The local Church is so amazing and so involved in the community. How awesome of them to let me latex their 100 year old stained glass windows! In Awe of them, so many of the congregation travelled quite far to see the final showing of the latex church. How cool is that, have started going there now!
4. I love photographing everything; I am so in love with Martin Parr’s photographs and his not very interesting photographs! I have quite a few of his books and find them so inspiring. Checkout his website. http://www.martinparr.com
5. I love swimming in the sea as far into the winter as possible. A few of us have a bit of a competition going, who can swim first and last of the year! I love the challenge, even though last time I went for a swim; the tide was turning and the stormy waves were a little threatening. Or Maybe it was the slimy smelly seaweed and the festering flies that also were the turning point in not returning! Has anyone tried coasteering? Oh my word, what an adrenaline rush, so much better then a roller-coster ride! For those that may not know, it is basically scrambling, climbing, swimming and cliff jumping of the Coastline. Last time I went it was nearly dark, streaming rain, waves that were pounding the rocks; What excitement!
6. I am a really keen Mountain biker, I love nothing better then a sharp descent on my bike down a single track trail in the Afan Forest (in Wales). It is such a buzz, and so hard to beat. You must try it, honestly! Check out http://www.afanforestpark.co.uk/ for inspiration. There must be an area near you with some amazing trails.
7. I never visit any car boots, charity/thrift shops, antique shops, auctions, ever. I never secretly hide things around the house or garage and never say I've had this for ages.
8. So love visiting all coffee and teashops, I have tried to get the little ones to enjoy teashops and appreciate Fine bone china! So far so good, they love eating their cereal out of blue and white stripy china bowls! And one of their first words was china!
Love it, points all the time saying china, china, china and taps it ever so gently!
9. Lastly loving spending time with my little ones and beautiful other half hiking the outdoors, especially the Gower, the Lake District and Cornwall.
Sorry to have gone on for so long, got carried away. Did you spot the untrue interesting fact in the list! Thanks again for the award. Also we have to nominate 8 Sites, This is so hard as there are so many beautiful blogs out there. Also as quite new to this, some of your blogs may have already got an award, so sorry if you get another one! I have found it encouraging, so hope you all do too. You all have such lovely and inspiring sites!
I thought also if I was being cheeky by adding an untrue silly fact about me, I thought I'd mention I stumbled across a humorous and cheeky link to a new blog all about a cheeky puppy. There seems to be a lot of blogs that mention their loved pets; I don't have a dog, but one visited me this week and I'm sure he asked me for a cup of tea!
Take care for now and loving so many beautiful sites out there.