Friday 16 December 2011

ping = park in gear





PING = Park IN Gear
Park! - Handbrake! - Put in Gear!

A campaign to raise awareness to put your car in gear when you park.


"Harry Patterson was 5 years old when he was tragically killed outside his home on the 13th September 2011 when the family car rolled into him even though the handbrake was applied. At his inquest, his Father, Christian heard that it is in the highway code to always park your car with the handbrake engaged and in first gear if uphill and reverse gear if facing downhill, it is hoped that this will prevent any further tragedies such as the one that the Patterson Family have suffered."

PING on Facebook.
More PING information found here on Harry's Fund website.


Really scary, I saw a car outside my house roll down the hill that I live on last week.

So please do spread the word.


My heart goes out so much to the lovely Michelle, Christian and Dylan.


Big Hugs



x



5 comments:

  1. Awwwwww that is just so terrible and sad for the family. I got into the habit of parking in gear many years ago, especially on hills. It's REALLY good advice. Thank you for reminding people.

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gulp, sniff, well I know what I will be doing in future. A friend of mine's father was paralysed by his own car in exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always put my car n gear when i park on any hill, it's something my husband always does and it's rubbed off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a horrible thing to have happened. I won't forget to put my car gear!

    Lieve groet, Madelief x

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for leaving a comment. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...